An improved Scarsdale Public Library will improve our lives.
The Library Improvement Plan, which is primarily focused on public space, will enhance your experience at the Library. The building will go from 31,160 SF to 36,860 SF through renovating existing space as well as adding new program space
Once completed, the improved Library will be a space that will bring the community together—just as a library should. Among its new features will be:
- A larger children’s room with a dedicated children’s program room
- Quiet, comfortable reading and work spaces
- A dedicated teen zone
- A technology suite and Maker Space
- Two new multi-purpose meeting rooms to accommodate the needs of local community groups
- 4 small quiet study/meeting rooms
- Open stacks to house our full collection
- Friendly and open welcome area with a café and meet-up space
- ADA compliant restrooms as well as family facilities
- A central stairway coupled with an accessible elevator
Staff will no longer be tethered to large, imposing desks. Instead, the staff will be able to circulate through public areas for one-to-one help and will enhance the Library’s already productive patron/staff interactions.